Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot (BEEP)
The Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot (BEEP) was launched by Minister Michael Creed TD on Wed 30th Jan 2019. Funding of 20 million euro has been made available by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) for the pilot which aims to capture on-farm live weights of approx. 500,000 cows and their calves.
The objective of BEEP is to further increase economic and environmental efficiency in the suckler herd though improvement in the quantity and quality of performance data that is collected.
The Pilot will be open to all suckler beef farmers who commit to completing the mandatory action required within the duration of the Pilot.
- Action: weigh unweaned calf and their dam and submitting weight records to ICBF
- All Calves being submitted for weighing must have been born between 01 July 2018 and 30 June 2019
- Unweaned Live Calf and Dam must be weighed on the applicant’s holding, individually and on the same day
- Only scales registered in accordance with the Pilot Terms and Conditions may be used
- Weights must be submitted between 08 March 2019 and 01 November 2019
- Sign up can be completed online (www.agfood.ie) or via postal forms. Postal application forms can be requested by contacting DAFM on 076-1064420. Farmers can sign up to the BEEP from 4thFeb – 22nd Feb 2019.
How do I weigh my cattle?
Animals must be weighed on-farm using a weighing platform and indicator. The platform is placed in a cattle race (crush) and animals are weighed as they pass over it. Scales will have to be registered with ICBF before weighing can be done.
Why purchase a DEM Cattle Scales?
- Our Cattle Crush Scales come with a 2-year guarantee as standard
- We provide free telephone and online helpdesk for support
- Our scales are the only European certified Cattle Scales on the market
- We have been in business for more than 35 years
- Our products are used by customers worldwide
- We are an ISO 9001:2015 accredited company
Comments are closed.